We are very pleased to inform you that online application forms for admission into the 73st Regular Course of degree programme of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, is now available online.
The online application began on Monday 19th March, 2020 and end on Sunday the 24th June, 2020 as stated on the NPA website. It is open to both Male and Female Nigerians of good character.
However, the admission requirements and how to apply is what we have discussed below. Read carefully below to get all the relevant information you need. You shall also see the available courses at Nigeria Police Academy
POLAC Admission Requirement
The admission requirements are as follows.
- First, any candidate seeking admission into the Academy (NPA) must be Nigeria
- Also, candidate must be between 17 and 22 years of age
- Height of not less than 1.67 Meters for male, and 1.62 Metres for female.
- Furthermore, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86cm (34 Inches for those between 21 and 22 years of age)
- O’level requirements: NPA accepts a minimum of 6 credits at relevant subjects including English and Mathematics at SSCE, GCE or it’s equivalent. Also results will not be in more than 2 sitting
- Finally, candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview.
SELECTION EXAMINATION DATE, CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
The screening is likely to be Computer Based Test (CBT) or Pencil and Paper. There will be a General Paper (Section A) and it is compulsory for all candidates. It will include subjects like general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics.
In addition, the selection will be conducted on Saturday the 14th July, 2020. Only candidates with minimum of 180 in UTME and above will be eligible to sit for the Screening. In Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at the 19 designated Centers. However, you can find the list of the Centers in the Academy Website.
The shortlisted candidates will bring the listed below to the examination venue.
- First, their Acknowledgement Form print-out
- Second, is examination Card
- Current JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5×5 Inches).
- Also, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, Examination Center and signature at the back of their passport
NB: Only successful candidates in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board screening and interview.
Important information: Be informed that admitted candidate will undergo a combined Academic and Police training. This will last for a minimum period of Five (5) Years. However,you will be awarded a Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).
You can now read below to know how to apply for the admission.
Method Of Application
Prospective applicants are advised to go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website http://www.polac.edu.ng
Proceed to generate Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code for your application
Furthermore, use the RRR code obtained to make payment of N3,000.00 through any commercial Bank in Nigeria. However, applicant must apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board [JAMB]. Also, sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). You may not select the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil as your preferred institution in JAMB form. However, only candidates who obtained the minimum UTME scores of 180 will be eligible. Also,the 180 UTME score will enable you to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
Available Courses At The Nigeria Police Academy (POLAC)
The below courses are available in Nigeria Police Academy. They are all Bachelors degree courses
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
History & International Studies
b. FACULTY OF LAW: LLB
c. FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
d. FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
Finally,for futher assistance or enquirers please visit the Nigeria Police Academy Official Website at http://www.polac.edu.ng/ However, you can ask questions concerning this post using the comment box.